Before 2018, I had money occasionally, but I had no assets. I didn’t even know what an asset was. My mind was focussed around income, earning, saving, hourly rates, etc. That is what employees are usually concerned about.
The secret though, as Einstein (allegedly) said most people cannot understand the income tax. You can own, but you cannot earn. At least not in Switzerland. There is still a lot to learn in that topic but let’s get to the nitty gritty of todays topic.
So before I got into investing, finance and learning about money, I was focussed on:
- saving in a bank account
- earning, thinking about how to earn more
- spending less
- saying “I can’t afford this, I can’t afford that”
- all day long I was listening to music. (now I am listening to the market analysis, to podcasts about money, cryptocurrency, ..)
- wanted to “make it” on my own
- cooked for myself telling my mind “I can’t afford to eat out
- tried to get along with everybody
- wasted time with people I didn’t really like
- I bought low quality stuff, happy not to spend too much at a time
- using my good clothes, shoes only for special occasions
- spending money on one time experiences (airplane tickets for example)
Now, my life is totally different. Here is list comparing the above points:
- I am always looking for new places to go for a drink or eat out. This time I am thinking “what is the value I can get” “whom could I possibly meet in there” or “how will it make me feel”
- Have a clear schedule of my day
- I have clear goals for the month, year, 5 years, 10 years, 20 years
- I have discipline around my eating habits
- I have discipline around my physical training
- I look for ways to meet other finance enthusiasts
- I look for high quality garments, shoes, jackets, a watch, jewelry and I wear suits when I feel like it
- I am looking for more occasions to dress up instead of saving my good clothes for a day that never comes
- I look for ways to improve support: lawyers, financial advice, joining high quality newsletters and financial groups, a tax advisor, a coach, premium legal insurance, premium subscriptions..
- I am surrounding myself with financially literate people
- I listen to the market analysis every day, financial advisors, podcasts, crypto news etc
- I use every free minute to study and improve my knowledge and myself
- I own several assets and keep thinking about more assets
- I’m informing myself about vaults for commodities
- I am – and that one is obvious to you – reading books bout finance and self development
- I am looking for personal development courses and coaches in finance
- I am spending a good amount per day tending to and managing my assets
- I spend my time with people I really care about and connect
So.. as you can see, it is not just about money. This entire thing is much bigger than that. Being rich, or let’s say wealthy requires much more than just more income or owning a chunk of money in the banks. No, having and making more money requires a complete rise in personal development. And it takes time to build these qualities.
What can you do now to improve?
- Sign up to my newsletter and get my free reading list and my free booklet about managing your money. The direct download to my reading list is also on my homepage.
- Check if you identify with these above points or not.
Remember: rich people:
- Cooperate. They are always on the look out for the next deal and cooperation.
- Plan their future
- Keep their promises
- love themselves and their body
- always find ways to improve themself
- are on time and manage their time well
- manage their money, always know exactly where their money is, how much is coming in and going out and know how much and what things cost
- always find ways to level up
- surround themself with likeminded people and look for cooperations and deals with them
- understand the difference of feeling rich or poor and how they can feel rich
- understand what value really is
- focus on the value of something and what frequency they can experience
- focus on which instruments and tools can help them to stay on an elevated frequency or lift hem up higher
How do you transition to the rich side?
It takes time and serious work on yourself. Are you willing to do that? Then start improving the above points as a first step. If you want to go further, how about we help you move towards a more abundant future in my financial future kickstart course?